The Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault invites individuals who provide formal or informal support and education for parents to grow their skills in preventing sexual assault. In May and June, we will tour the state to provide a curriculum training event in six Iowa communities. Training participants will learn how to teach our new prevention curriculum, Think About Your Son, to parents in their communities. Participants will also build their skills in communicating about sexual violence prevention with children of all ages and genders.
- There is no cost to attend the workshop.
- Participants will receive a copy of the curriculum.
- Participants agree that they will attempt to facilitate the curriculum in their communities within three months of the training.
- Participants will agree to participate in a project evaluation.
- IowaCASA will cover hotel expenses for participants who require overnight accommodations. Please be sure to indicate this need when registering.
- IowaCASA will reimburse mileage for participants who are traveling more than 50 miles to attend this training.
- Lunch is not provided during the workshop. All training sites are located near multiple restaurants for an “on-your-own” lunch break.
Have questions about this workshop? Contact Rhonda at (515) 865-7185 or email her.