Ready to explore foster care or adoption?
On behalf of Iowa’s kids, thank you!
There are three paths you can take moving forward—you don’t have to choose yet because the process is the same for all three.
for foster care
Licensed for foster care
& approved for adoption
for adoption only
We’ll help you choose what’s right for you as you go along.
It usually takes about six to nine months to complete this process. You’ll need to:
- If you are located in Service Area’s Covered by Four Oaks Family Connections, please follow this orientation guide to complete your orientation session prior to submitting an inquiry below.
- Fill out an inquiry form
- Complete an information session
- Complete fingerprint and background checks
- Attend a ten-week series of training classes called TIPS-MAPP
- Complete a home study before DHS makes a decision on your approval or licensure.